Say it Loud and Clear!
Have you read a few profiles lately? 3 paragraphs and you still don’t know what the person does! That’s because they may not be sure what they’re good at or what they want. OR, they want to appeal to the world! But, when you are clear about what you do, how you do it, and who you do it for, you are more apt to attract your ideal opportunities!
What’s Your Pitch?
In business, they call it an ELEVATOR PITCH (fast and succinct so you can describe what you do, how you do it and who you do it for, before your elevator reaches the floor you need to exit).
An elevator pitch, elevator speech or elevator statement is a short sales pitch, that is, a summary used to quickly and simply define a process, product, service, organization, or event and its value proposition.—(Wikipedia)
Below are some tips modified for a career seeker on how to make a solid first impression.
Your elevator speech and online profile should state, in a sentence or two, What you do, how you do it (how you help someone solve a problem), and who you do it for. The pitch should be consistent whether spoken at an event or as a headline on your profile.
Say it Loud and Clear with at least three of these five components:
- Describe your ideal employer. What would be the best company and position within that company for you ?
- Show the benefits or results the company and department would receive when you work for them.
- What problem do you solve for that company or department?
- Give examples of prior results or accomplishments you achieved at your last company, organization you belonged to or an educational achievement.
- Make people say, “Tell Me More!”
So when someone, such as a new connection, an opportunity or referral asks “What do you do?” you’ll be ready to make a memorable first impression.
Watch this video for some sample headlines you can put on your social profile or speak as an elevator pitch…
Do you want to know the step-by-step process?
Learn online strategic networking with 2Actify.
Download our free PROFILE OPTIMIZER.