Believe it or not, when you are notified of changes in your network, it’s an opportunity to build and solidify relationships for your career.
Check your notifications DAILY and go beyond a click that sends a canned message. When notified of a work anniversary, birthday or job change or see that you have a new follower, take the extra time to send a personalized message that has meaning and shows your intent in furthering the realationship—it will be noticed and you may open doors for a career opportunity or referral!
For Career Networking, Reach out to Connections and Followers…
1) STAY ON TOP OF YOUR NETWORK: From within a profile, read more about your connection and the change you were notified of. Send a message of congratulations, make a statement about their new position and ask if they would be open to a brief phone call.
2) CONNECT WITH A NEW FOLLOWER: When you are notified of a new “follower” that’s in your ideal audience, reach out for a connection after learning more about them by reading their profile. Once connected, the next step is to suggest an introduction.
3) CONNECT WITH PROFESSIONALS THAT HAVE VIEWED YOUR PROFILE: When others have viewed your “magnetic profile”, you’ll be notified. If they are in your ideal audience, reach out for a connection from within their profile.
Your notifications alert you to opportunities for establishing new relationships and staying in touch with your network to enhance your career-seeking activities. When it comes to staying in touch for your career, you’ll STAND OUT because of your personalized message and get noticed!
Get your “Foot In The Door”…
Learn Strategic Online Networking with 2Actify.
Download our free PROFILE TUNE-UP.
Take our free 5 DAY CHALLENGE
Connect with Penny Pearl and Join our Group: 2Actify Networking
2Actify teaches motivated career seekers an in-depth, step-by step process on how to strategically network online. Our 24/7 online video course and program offers career seekers:
- Techniques and concepts that prepare them for attaining or relaunching a rewarding career and
- Effective online communication skills for their future and
- New career options to “beat the job board jungle”!