Applying online vs. taking control of your search…
One of my recent clients had been applying online for 5 months with little to no results. He was a strong executive with plenty of expertise and had worked with recognizable company brands.
Applying Online wasn’t working.
In under 2 months of our work together, he found an exciting position with a company that he wanted to work for, and the feeling was mutual—a WIN/WIN!
What were his key actions that led to his new job in under 2 months?
- HE WAS PREPARED TO MOVE OUT OF HIS COMFORT ZONE AND TAKE ACTION. He said that our one-on-one coaching “helped him make the transition from applying online and becoming comfortable in the new comfort zone of strategic online networking”. He learned the networking system and took full advantage of the coaching, tools and templates and created his NEW COMFORT ZONE…
2) HE TOOK ACTION AND LEVERAGED HIS CURRENT NETWORK. As advised by his coach, he took serious actions to reconnect with people he worked with in the past. Messaging templates made the communication easier.
3) HE APPROACHED HIS JOB SEARCH WITH CONFIDENCE BY COMMUNICATING THE VALUE OF HIS OWN SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS. Through coaching, we worked on strengthening his LinkedIn profile. This work allowed him to revisit and provide details on his skill set and accomplishments. It armed him with the knowledge he needed to confidently communicate the value he offered.
Strategic Online Networking Worked.
As he reached out to his current network or developed new connections, his presentation was always with:
- Confidence and Strength in his communication
- The knowledge that he was as much a resource to his connections as they were to him
- A solid presentation of his expertise and the value of his skills
He has a lot to do in his new position and absolutely excited to use his networking skills to create a new brand and marketing turn-around for his company. His networking will carry him through success at his new position and set him up for the future as he establishes new relationships. These life-changing skills will increase his success at the new job and create opportunities for advancing his career going forward.
For more tips on building your network and landing job referrals…
A small collaborative group coaching workshop delivered live, online.
- SESSION 1,2: CREATE A MAGNETIC RESUME & LinkedIn PROFILE
- SESSION 3,4: EXECUTE A NETWORKING SYSTEM & LAND JOB REFERRALS
- SESSION 5: PREPARE FOR INTERVIEWS
- SESSION 6: STAND-OUT WITH YOUR NETWORK
STRATEGIZE YOUR CAREER SEARCH,
DEVELOP BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
GET REFERRED TO HIRING MANAGERS
9X your chance for a job when you’re referred!
10 spots open, begins 4/14. 6 Collaborative Group Sessions
Become a confident networker, a resource for your professional relationships, and
GET REFERRALS TO HIRING MANAGERS.